Theosophy in Wales
Ancient & Modern
History of the Theosophical
Society in Wales
T.S. in Wales Moves to
Current Headquarters 1973
In 1973 it was decided to sell the old headquarters at 10
Park Place, Cardiff, and
move to our current premises at 206
Newport Road, Cardiff. The main
drive behind the move came from General Secretary, Harry Edgar and Charles
James who with others worked tirelessly to effect the transfer.
There was almost no break in either Lodge or national activities and by
November of 1973 Charles James was able to report to everyone that the new
premises were fully operational.
The old premises at 10
Park Place were purchased for the use of
the Theosophical Society by Peter Freeman in 1917 and facilities were rented by
Cardiff Lodge, Dewi Saint Lodge and the TS in Wales itself.
In 1926 the TS in Wales
purchased the building from Peter Freeman and it remained TS in Wales
headquarters and Cardiff Lodge meeting place until 1973.
Theosophical Society, Cardiff Lodge,
206 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 – 1DL.